A Hot Mess!: Thandie Newton on Angelina Jolie: WTF?

Thandie Newton on Angelina Jolie: WTF?

Thursday, October 12, 2006


Thandie Newton was amazed when she learned Angelina Jolie is to play a black woman in her latest film.

The stunning actress couldn't hide her surprise when she was shown a picture of Angelina as murdered journalist Daniel Pearl's mixed-race wife in the new movie about his life and death.

Thandie told me: "God I'm shocked. She's been blacked up to play a black women.

"I have to say it's surprising, very surprising."

Although the Crash star did confess she was a little jealous that the role in A Mighty Heart hadn't gone to her, she refused to criticise Angelina.

Talking at the Screen Nation Awards on Tuesday night, she added: "It's an absolutely fantastic role, I would loved to have played it.

"But I'm not going to criticise or judge her until I've seen the film, that would be wrong of me."

In the movie, Angelina pairs up with real life boyfriend Brad Pitt again, who is producing the film.

The couple also donated £54,000 to the Daniel Pearl Foundation on Tuesday - which would have been the late writer's birthday.

(The Sun)


I've been preaching everywhere that Thandie would have been perfect for this role. I mean, look at that picture of Angelina. They really did darken her skin. Angelina is a great actress and all but come on. This is worse than when they expected us to believe Ashley Judd was Mexican in Frida.
posted by JC at 2:23 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Thandie Newton on Angelina Jolie: WTF?

Ads