A Hot Mess!: Jermaine leaves Virgin because Janet flopped

Jermaine leaves Virgin because Janet flopped

Saturday, October 21, 2006

So, as predicted, Janet Jackson's latest album has flopped due to lack of MTV/radio play.

But now, Janet's man Jermaine Dupri is ready to step down from his position as head of the urban department of Virgin Records, Janet's home, because of their purported lack of support behind the project.

To be honest, I really don't think this album is very good to begin with and probably would have flopped regardless. But JD is trying to be the "good boyfriend" and all that shit which is cute, but if I was Janet I think this would just make me more embarassed. Apparently JD is wanting to tack a Janet duet with his famous friend Mariah Carey on to a special re-release of 20 Years Old to help up the sales. I personally don't really wanna hear Mariah blowing Janet out of the water vocally so I think this is a bad idea but to each his/her own.

(SOHH)
posted by JC at 3:04 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Jermaine leaves Virgin because Janet flopped

Ads